1) Clean my Apartment: A combination of being too busy to think about cleaning for the past 2 weeks or so, in conjunction with the small party I had the morning after finals, this place could use a good scrubbing. Don’t think all the spilled mimosas are coming out of the carpet, however.
2) Learn some German: The school offered a free beginner’s German course all next week. Though with 8+ years of German instruction I would like to think I’m beyond what they’re going to cover. Today I bought The Wizard of Oz in German (my skill level resides in the children’s section of the bookstore), hopefully that goes well and I can get through at least one more before the break is over. Because my current method of keeping my German fresh (trying to talk to German men at the club) isn’t really working out.
3) Further discover Hannover: I’ve been here over 2 months, but since school started I haven’t gone downtown except to go to the bar. Hopefully the weather clears up next week (rain now, boo) and I can wander around and get to know my new home a little better than the insides of bars and clubs (which has been lovely but I’m sure they have more to offer.)
4) Work on my resume/look for jobs: Though sometimes it seems that partying is my number one priority here (and I won’t deny it) I would actually like to get a job after this year of school. The first step is to have a functioning resume, which I don’t. Also I should probably figure out a less vague idea of what kind of job I want… sifting through thousands of listings isn’t the most efficient way to get this done.
5) Have fun: My friend Shaun and I are attempting to get a group together to Bierbike (yes this is a real thing) Also, I’ve committed myself to watching every episode of Arrested Development and I hope to start working on Halloween costume ideas. Hey, whats a vacation if you can’t spend too much time in bed and be lazy?