Last weekend, in desperate need of getting off German soil, I packed up and visited a friend in Amsterdam for approximately 38 hours. This isn’t a whole lot of time to dedicate to one’s inaugural visit to a country, but in this time I managed to:
- Spend some time in a coffee shop
- Eat (probably) my weight in Stroop
- Snap a few pictures on a cloudy, self-guided walking tour of the city center
- See the Anne Frank house (and the queue to get in) from across the canal. Also, download her diary to my Kindle and start reading it on the train ride home.
- Enjoy what is apparently the best Apple Pie in Amsterdam (Holland? the World? I can’t remember the claim)
- Spend enough time playing with Marcus’ roommate’s Gordon Setter puppy, Otis, to remember that dogs are smelly and slobbery but most of the time it’s still nice to have someone stick their cold nose in your ear when they want to play
Coming up: Kelly and I are running in a 10k on Saturday! At night! To be immediately followed by a bar crawl in my neighborhood (the Fall Pub Marathon, appropriately enough). This can end no way but awesome, in my opinion.